Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I Love You, Man



Have you seen I Love You Man?? It's hilarious. For some reason I had my doubts but finally caved this weekend and literally laughed out loud through the entire movie. I noticed some great decor in the house that Rashida Jones and Paul Rudd's characters lived in together and tried searching online afterwards for some info (there's a great wallpaper behind their bed). I wasn't able to find any info on the set interiors but I did come across an article from Domino on Rashida's NYC studio apartment. At just 400 square feet it's teeny tiny but so adorable (just like her)!

The article highlights the 3 elements that make this apartment work.

1) Efficient floorplan:


2) A focused color scheme. Blue, white and magenta. Notice the great mix of modern (the dining chairs), traditional (the couch...and I think that's toile on the headboard?) and boho (the rug and side tables).



3) Hidden storage. You'll notice that the curtains don't just cover the windows, they also conceal built-ins on either side.


If you haven't already seen the movie, go out and see it immediately! And let me know if you find anything on the set design!

Post Script: Just found this article on Apartment Therapy (clearly I wasn't looking hard enough).
On the Set: I Love You, Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment