Monday, August 17, 2009

Henry Road







I was given a tablecloth from Henry Road for my birthday - a bright, colorful, canvas tablecloth. I love the unexpected pairing of colors (cotton candy pink and bright blue) and the large, graphic print. I looked in to Henry Road more and here's what I found:

"Henry Road is a Los Angeles-based design studio and store. Its' collection of textiles designed by Paula Smail, is supplemented by an eclectic, fun collection of home goods and gifts. Paula views Henry Road as her scrapbook, album and travelogue all rolled into one. One of her childhood homes was a house on Henry Road in South Africa. Since then, she has traveled extensively and includes London, Paris and New York in the long list of places she has lived. Her design aesthetic of bold color is influenced by Marimekko blinds in the house on Henry Road, women wrapped in swathes of stunning African cloth and the work of artists like Rothko and many of his contemporaries."

She makes a variety of 'things' from her fabrics, from lamp shades and pillows, to furniture, bags, and stuffed animals. I hope to visit her store in LA sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment